What is Crabgrass?
Crabgrass, a troublesome weed grass, is an infestation that turns thick, lush, green lawns into thin, weak, patchy lawns. It is an undesirable grass due to the weakness of the plant’s structure, its coarse texture
Identification features are listed below:
Crabgrass Quick Facts
- Crabgrass is best identified in summer or fall so it can be controlled in late fall or the following spring.
- Crabgrass grows from seed every year in weakened, stressed areas.
- Crabgrass favors sandy, sunny locations in a weakened condition.
- Crabgrass cannot be controlled with broadleaf weed control products.
- Areas damaged by insects or along sidewalks and driveways are prime targets for Crabgrass attack.
- A strong, healthy, properly fertilized, mowed, and watered lawn provides the strongest defense against crabgrass as they allow few open sites for it to establish.
Crabgrass control combines reducing numbers of Crabgrass with strengthening the lawn. Your Weed Man can apply a special Crabgrass control material in fall or very early in the spring before the Crabgrass seeds germinate. This material will form a barrier to stop Crabgrass seed roots as they germinate. Following application, this barrier must not be broken by raking or digging.
Weed Man Guarantee
Crabgrass will establish in the unprotected areas. Your Weed Man can strengthen your lawn by applying his specially formulated fertilizer program. He can beautify your lawn with weed control, insect control (if necessary), and advise you on proper mowing and watering procedures. Crabgrass in the lawn can be reduced over a few seasons of special care by your Weed Man and yourself.
We will keep Crabgrass out of your lawn guaranteed! If any does break through we will get rid of it. Contact your local Weed Man today to get your lawn under control.